Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Through the eyes of a flight school spouse...

The new year is here and I can already tell, it’s going  to be a great year. I’m already on track with some of my New Year’s resolutions. One of mine and probably everyone else’s is to live a healthier lifestyle when it comes to diet and exercise.

Step one in that process: join the six-week Winter Boot Camp at the Fort Rucker PFF! Was I nervous? Yep. Did I come up with one hundred and one excuses why I shouldn’t do it? Of course I did. And yet there I was this morning, standing in the orientation listening to the instructors telling me and my classmates what to expect for the next six weeks. To be honest, I’m really excited about the challenge that this boot camp will give me, and I’m hoping it will help me improve my cardio fitness significantly. I also can’t wait to make some new friends during the six weeks.
   
On a more relaxing note, I was finally able to make it to the Rucker Lanes for Quarter Mania night on Mondays. And I had a great time! It was the perfect price, at just 25 cents a game and 50 cents to rent shoes, which meant my husband and I played two games and had a great time out for just two dollars! Neither of us are any good at bowling, and since my husband wouldn’t let me use bumpers our average points per game were somewhere around 60. Needless to say, bowling is not our area of expertise, but that didn’t keep us from having fun.
   
A challenge that I would like to extend to everyone for this year is to get out and try something new. It can be something you are scared to try (boot camp) or something you are just plain bad at (bowling). With everything that Family and MWR offers, you are bound to find something that will give you a challenge and be a new and exciting adventure.

Good luck and happy 2013!



Thanks,


Kathleen Montion, a Military Spouse

No comments:

Post a Comment